Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
Atlantic Youth Creative Hubs
We are really excited to announce our involvement in this innovative project. Working with partners across Europe we will
generate creative spaces for young people to come together and use design thinking and key enabling technologies
to generate skills, knowledge, and who knows… maybe change the world!
Each week we’ll be meeting in Bideford, Exmouth & Tiverton to do things like:
– Build, explore and play with Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Robotics, Coding, Soundscaping & 3D design
– Listen to expert speakers talk about technologies and their experiences in the industry
– Host ‘hands-on’ technical workshops and ‘experience days’ to spark inspiration in modern technologies
– Meet with international partners at least 3 times a year to work up ideas
– Connect young minds with the creative industry for the mutual benefit of both
(This project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund through the Interreg Atlantic Area Programme)
Read our FAQ’s & find out more… Maybe you could get involved?
We will have 3 hubs across Devon; Bideford, Exmouth & Tiverton. Although these are Space Youth Centres it is best to contact us in firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about times etc. You can find details of how to get to the youth centre in their web pages on this site (linked above).
Our colleagues at Plymouth Youth Service will also have a few hubs in the city, please contact them here to find out more.
In addition to these Plymouth College of Art is also a Creative Hub and they can be found here
Good question – nothing!
We will be hosting all kinds of events and workshops, some will be weekly, some monthly. Just check out the schedule and come along!
No, not at all. In fact we are thinking that some people might want to come along to just 1 or 2 events – but of course you are welcome for as long as we can keep you interested!
Not really, although i guess that well depend on what you are working on, so for instance you can just come along and take part in the activities that interest you or you could be working with us on a project or idea that may require a little more commitment but its always voluntary
Well not too many or you could scare us! Seriously though there is room for everyone, why not come along to a session near you and meet the team and then see what you can either get out of it or put in from taking art to leading activities
We will be meeting weekly and also having events that can last a couple of days, we are also going abroad a bit so – the quick answer is “as much as you want to”
We are a youth service first and foremost, our project is delivered by professional trained youth worker who happen to know a thing or two about technology and sustainable development – that’s why they has been chosen to look after this project. You can speak to them about anything, good and bad – they can help you grow as a person as well as a technical wizz in whatever interests you have!
Of course, you will be amazed how often people gets scared by the ‘t’ word – it takes a rich mix of skills and interests to change the world you know!
Good question, we can help to support your idea as best we can but we also know lots of other people who can help so it’s worth getting in touch just to see what’s possible.
There are opportunities for the following things:
- Share your knowledge as a one-off talk to a group of young people about your industry
- Bring some equipment and deliver a hands-on experience
- Maybe invite us to your setting to see how you work
- You can get completely emerged and become a delivery partner and give something back to a charity that wants to help young people reach their potential
- Maybe you can offer one of our group some work experience or a placement
- Maybe you just want to shout about it on your social media channels and help us raise the profile – whatever time and expertise you can give will be much appreciated.
We’re proud to be working with the following partners:
Devon County Council (UK), Plymouth College of Art (UK), Plymouth City Council and Culture (UK), Pacificstream Enterprise Solutions CIC (UK), Brest Métropole (France), City of Gijón (Spain), Ashton Community Trust (Ireland), Grand Angoulême (Spain), Vida Lactea (Spain), City of Santo Tirso (Portugal), Saint-Nazaire Agglomération (Portugal), l’Ecole de Design Nantes Atlantique (France) Conference of Atlantic Arc Cities (France)