Work for Space*
Space* is committed to safeguarding and promoting the equality and welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to references and an enhanced DBS check.
We have regular job opportunities in a range of roles within the organisation, from youth support workers to administration and finance. We are a learning organisation and value regular supervisions and appraisals in order to ensure our staff feel valued and are inspired to be the best they can.
Each position has its own, unique, accompanying forms and paperwork and will be available via the links on the post listed below. All correspondence related to these opportunities should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Join Space*?
JNC rates for Youth Workers
Dynamic teams and sessions
A dedicated and trustworthy organisation
Current Posts Available
- Read the advert and supporting documentation fully to ensure you meet the minimum criteria for the role and can demonstrate this in your application.
- Complete your application – this requires completion of the supporting statement form and providing a copy of your CV.
- Your chance of being selected for an interview will be greatly increased if you make special reference in your supporting information to the details outlined in the job description.
- We encourage all applications to be submitted online by emailing both your completed supporting statement and CV to email@example.com. If this is not possible then please print and post to: DYS Space Ltd, Recruitment, 100 Club, Wear Barton Road, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7EH. Please remember to allow plenty of time for your application to reach up before the closing date, unfortunately, we cannot accept late applications.
- We are unable to acknowledge receipt of your application unless you request acknowledgment at the time of submission.
If you are shortlisted you will be contacted by email with the details of what will happen next in the selection process. We will also send this via Royal Mail.
If you haven’t heard from us in 3 weeks of the closing date, you should assume you have not been shortlisted for interview.
If you are successful at interview you will be offered the role subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks:
- 3-year reference requests. We will need to obtain a full history of the past 3 years of your employment/education. These can be employment/educational/personal references. Any gaps will need a personal reference by someone who can verify your gaps. Unfortunately, this cannot be someone related to you.
- You will be asked to complete a pre-employment health declaration. Applicants, who declare while completing the online declaration, will be contacted by our occupational health provider to carry out an assessment. No medical details are disclosed to us but we will be provided with an outcome which either declares you fit for or unfit for the proposed employment and if necessary, recommendations for reasonable adjustments to the work role/environment.
- Checking professional qualifications essential for the role. Original certificates will need to be provided prior to taking up employment.
- An enhanced DBS check will be completed and passed as satisfactory prior to commencing employment
Once all checks have been completed to the satisfaction of our recruitment team offers will be confirmed.