Welcome to Georgie’s Youth Centre!
Georgie’s Youth Centre provides a unique & safe place for young people aged 11 – 19, from across the Barnstaple area. With a wealth of creative activities including, cooking, games, pool competitions, table tennis, music studio, outdoor games and just loads of fun. George’s currently welcomes over a 100 young people each week and we are working closely with young people to raise their aspirations. Our youth hub offers a number of targeted provisions to provide additional support to those who need it.
A Worthwhile Cause
With a lack of social provision in the area, we aim to provide young people with opportunities to make constructive use of their leisure time, raise their aspirations and choose a positive, independent lifestyle. Facilities include a great space with lounge, music rooms, meeting rooms, space for arts and craft, a fully kitted kitchen where we young people get the opportunity to cook with fresh produce and a great outdoor space with the opportunity to play sports, games and BBQ.
In addition to the open access session listed below we also offer:
- Mentoring, 1:1 sessions: a programme which provides weekly one-to-one support to members of all ages.
- Care leavers session every other Monday from 16.00 till 18.00
- Parents support group: every Wednesday from 09.30 till 12.00
- Young volunteers: a volunteer training programme for 14-18 year olds.
- Step Up (Young Devon) works from Georgie’s to support young people into work through a tailored programme.
- Active Devon also share our space: Their philosophy is to get everyone with Devon active for life.
Young People and Staff are looking forward seeing you at Georgie’s Youth Hub Soon